Monday, December 29, 2008

my small friends

Horton Hears a Who. It's about how the smallest person is important. And this guy who never talks invents this incredible music machine that saves his world. I have a friend who is small, and she doesn't kill bugs. I think there is a connection here. And because of her, I have also stopped killing bugs. It's also because of Saint Francis of Assisi. But about my small friend, she inspired me to start writing on my blog again, because hers is awesome. I laugh out loud while reading it. Also, she puts quotes on her blog posts. I think I will adopt that. She should probably hate me, because I am a copycat, and nobody likes a copycat - not since sixth grade. Maybe she will comment on this post, and then all of you thousands of people who religiously read my blog can read hers, too.

I stayed up until three in the morning talking to my sister-in-law last night. Today, she was really tired. I almost felt bad, but we had a good talk, so I think it was worth it. Hopefully, she can take a nap today. We talked about me mostly. I think she's been wondering how I've been doing for a long time. So I told her. I told her a lot of stuff.

I told her about how I love God and about how glad I am that my walk with Him is in His hands and in His time.
I told her about the friends I have that I love. I told her about how I want to heal people and maybe be a doctor. I told her about how I've given up on marriage and about how I'm confused about freewill and happiness. She says she thinks marriage can be ideal, because hers is. She said some smart stuff. She's married to my brother, Jason, and they have seven kids.

Everyone thinks that their nieces and nephews are cute, and I could talk about that for a long time. But I'll just mention it here, b/c sometimes you think other people's spewings about how their people are cute are uninteresting. You'll just have to take my word for it. These kids are cute. A compound sentence or two for each of them, from top to bottom. Tim smokes me in the shins sometimes; he's eight. Alivia and I went for a snowmobile ride, and she said it was the "funnest snowmobile ride in her whole life!" Andrea reminds me of myself so much that when she does some things that aren't the smartest or the kindest, I get frustrated with myself, because that's exactly what I would have done. I feel as though I can see all her gears turn. Adam means "man", and he is a little one. My brother told me that I combed his hair like a dweeb. I still think it looked good. I relate with Krista, because she experiences a wide array of emotions. She cries like her heart is broken and almost simultaneously wells up in this giggle from deep in her insides. Sometimes when she smiles, it reminds me of Garth from Wayne's World - a cute, sheepish little grin. She is very vocal and sings a lot. Marcie doesn't talk much yet, but she is an effective communicator. She has big eyes and likes to be upside down when I hold her. David is six months, and my dad held him upside down, too - from his feet. He does that with all babies. He says it makes babies smarter when they spend time upside down. He says it worked for his kids, so he has extrapolated that small bit of evidence to all of his grandchildren and nieces and nephews. His sample size for experimental data exploded.

And now, the long awaited quote:

"In my world, everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies." -Katie from Horton Hears a Who

I watched most of the movie twice, and I didn't even know there was a Katie in it. But I found this quote while looking for that one. You know the one - the one about how "even though you can't hear them or see them at all, a person's a person, no matter how small."

1 comment:

kate said...

I'm not usually very good at hints, but I think this one is pointing right at me. And you're right, I do hate you for stealing my quote idea :)

I'm glad you're writing in your blog again.

Sidenote: let's watch Pocahontas when we get back. ok!