Wednesday, July 23, 2008

hippie love

I just watched that movie. Tristan and Isolde. He said, "I don't know if life was greater than death, but love was more than either."

I've been thinking lately that the only thing that matters in life is hippie love. I have a friend who said that I am wrong. He said the world needs hippie love and contraceptives. I didn't bother to correct him, because I think he knew what I meant. I wasn't talking about that kind of hippie love.

I just mean the kind of love that is accepting. You know those people...the ones that make you feel like you're okay before they even know anything about you. They just love you, even if you do drugs, even if your parents died, even if you think LSD will make you see God. Even if your personality stinks. Even if your armpits stink.

So maybe hippies didn't love like that. I bet some really did, though, even if they were trippy hippies.

Do you think so, Mom?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really don't know much about hippie love. that was before my time?! :-)
I'll have to watch the movie. I think there are people in each "section" of society that love because the choose to love and I don't mean the kind that needs contraceptives.
Because love is a choice and an action, not a warm fuzzy feeling!
That's what I think today.